As a College Career Pathways participant, you will:
- Work at the Medical Center — alongside medical students, nurses, doctors and support staff in a wide range of departments — or at a Rush partner organization, gaining hands-on experience in real-life situations.
- Connect with STEM and health care career mentors for advice on networking, finding a full-time job and further development of workplace skills.
- Earn stackable, industry-recognized certifications such as certified nursing assistant (CNA), phlebotomist and Security+
- Get involved in Rush’s community engagement work through community visits and event planning.
- Understand the history of structural inequities that affect health outcomes in Chicago, particularly in West Side communities.
Program dates: June 20 to August 13, 2022
College Career Pathways is an eight-week paid, summer internship program for highly motivated undergraduates who have a strong interest in health care careers, including nursing, radiology and diagnostic roles, information technology, public health and community health. Participants are on site at Rush University Medical Center or partner organizations for 32 hours per week.
We’ll post more information soon about how to apply for the next session; please check back often!