Be a REACH Intern Preceptor
REACH is founded on the idea that education and career readiness can improve lives. When you commit to volunteering with REACH, you contribute to guiding, teaching and encouraging students from Chicago’s West Side to become health care change agents of the future.
MedSTEM Pathways is our paid internship program for rising high school juniors, seniors and recent graduates. Interns are placed in departments throughout the hospital that relate to their career interests and work up to 12 hours per week. The program has three sessions:
- Summer: Six weeks, June to August, with 75 interns on site. Summer interns take classes for eight hours on Thursdays
- Fall: Ten weeks, September to November, with 15 to 20 students on site.
- Spring: Ten weeks, January to March, with 15 to 20 students on site.
College Career Pathways
College Career Pathways is our paid internship program for college undergraduates, who are placed in departments related to their career interests. The program has two sessions:
- Summer: Eight weeks, June to August, with 14 students on site working up to 32 hours per week.
- Winter: Four weeks, December to January, with 10 to 15 students on site working up to 20 hours per week.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Nia Benton, program development associate for high school and college at (312) 942-3634 or [email protected].