The Center for Community Health Equity (CCHE) offers an eight-week, 40-hour per week internship program for highly motivated college juniors or seniors who have a strong interest in research, health disparities and community relations.
During the internship, students will:
- Learn about the history of structural inequities that affect health outcomes in Chicago communities, with a focus on the West Side.
- Learn how to conduct research in a major research institution through weekly educational sessions, forums, discussion groups, workshops and field observations.
- Develop a team-based research project centered on how families from a West Side community attain educational success. The project is supervised by Rush University faculty members in community engagement and health equity and culminates in a final oral presentation.
- Experience community engagement in research through community visits and event planning.
- Attain the writing skills necessary to submit a working research paper for review.
Program dates: June 19 – August 11, 2023.
Hosted at Rush University Medical Center, the internship runs from June to August and is designed to provide relevant activities and information to students interested in careers in research and the health sciences. Interns will be compensated (up to $5,000 before taxes; partial bi-weekly payment); travel and housing are not provided.
Interviews are anticipated between March 13 – 24, 2023; with remote interviews only.
We’ll post more information soon about how to apply for the next session; please check back often!